You can generate backup files manually once every six days (for weekly export) or 28 days (for monthly export). You can also schedule backup files to generate automatically at weekly or monthly intervals.
- From Setup, click Data Management | Data Export and Export Now or Schedule Export.
- The Export Now option prepares your files for export immediately. This option is only available if enough time has passed since your last export.
- The Schedule Export option allows you to schedule the export process for weekly or monthly intervals.
- Select Include images, documents, and attachments and Include Chatter files and Salesforce CRM Content document versions to include these items in your export data.
- If you're scheduling your export, select the frequency, start and end dates, and time of day for your scheduled export.
- Under Exported Data, select the types of data to include in your export. We recommend that you select Include all data if you are not familiar with the terminology used for some of the types of data.
- Click Start Export or Save.
Note the following
- Apto creates a zip archive of CSV files and emails you when it's ready. Exports will complete as soon as possible, however we can't guarantee the date and time the export will complete. Large exports are broken up into multiple files. Follow the link in the email or click Data Export to download the zip file. Zip files are deleted 48 hours after the email is sent. The 48-hour time limit doesn't include weekends, which means if your download file is ready on Thursday at 4 p.m., that file isn't deleted until Monday at 4 p.m.