How to Set a Task
Here's an image displaying the 11 steps to set a task, as outlined below:
Navigate to a Contact Record (ex: Lando Lordissian).
- Pro-tip: you can set a new task from any object, but for purposes of this article we will set it from the Contact object.
- On the right-hand side of this contact’s record, under Activity, make sure the New Task tab is selected.
Here's an image displaying step 2:
- Fill out the task subject (“Call”, “Follow up regarding X”, etc).
- Double check to make sure the correct person is assigned the task. It will default to your name, but you have the option to re-assign this task to another member of your Apto org if you choose.
- Pick a Status from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a Task Subtype from the drop-down menu.
- Select a Due Date, signifying when you want this task to be completed.
- Set a Priority from the drop-down menu. This will default to Normal.
- Choose a Related to object and record. This can be related to any object (property, company, space, etc).
- Pro Tip: You can connect multiple contacts to one task. The contact from the open contact record will auto populate (ex: Lando Lordissian)
Here's an image showing the contact field auto populated:
- Best Practice: leave a comment in the Comments box to add context for future reference. This is optional, but recommended.
- Select a marketing phase, if applicable. This is optional.
- Click Save.