What is a List View?
A List View ("view") is a set of specific records like Contacts, Properties, or Comps that meet your chosen criteria. You can use a view to easily access a set of criteria that you use often. For example, you can create a view of building owners in your state, properties of a certain square footage, or comps whose lease expiration date is in the next several months. Views are similar to reports, but a key benefit of creating a view in Apto is that a view will allow you to see an unlimited list of records, where a report would limit the number of records that you can see. There are a number of default or pre-set views at your disposal in Apto, but you can also create views that are more specific to your needs.
To create a view:
- Navigate to the record type tab in Apto that you would like to create a List View of. In this example, we will create a view of properties.
- From the List View Controls gear icon, select “New”.
Image showing steps 1 & 2:
3. Give your list a name, and choose who can see this list view: just you, or all users in your org.
Image showing step 3:
4. Click Save. The Filters panel appears on the right side of the screen.
5. Click Show me, then select All objects or My objects. Click Done.
Image showing steps 4 & 5:
This is where you can add and set filters to view only the records that meet your criteria. You have different options depending on the field you want to filter and the operator you choose.
6. Click Add Filter. Select the field to filter, an operator, and a value. Depending on the type of field you selected, you can either select a value or enter one of your own. In this example, we’ll limit the list to properties that are only between 10,000 and 20,000 square feet.
Image showing step 6:
Image showing filter options:
7. Click Done.
8. To add logic that further refines which records appear in your list view (this is optional), click Add Filter Logic. Use the number assigned to each of your filters to reference filters in your logic statement.
Image showing step 8:
9. Click Save. The view will now appear in the list view drop-down list so you can access it later.
Image showing step 9:
10. OPTIONAL: You also have the ability to choose and order the columns in a list view. From the List View Controls menu, click Select Fields to Display.
Image showing step 10:
11. Use the arrows to add, remove, and reorder your visible fields.
Image showing step 11:
12. Click Save.