With Salesforce for Outlook, Apto users can manage deals more efficiently. You can relate and automatically sync emails, tasks and events to Apto records.
This article will help familiarize you with the functionality of the Salesforce for Outlook integration with Apto. It will provide an overview of each integration’s basic setup procedures, capabilities, and some user selected configurations. You can always reach out to Apto directly to order Outlook Integration Support.
How to setup & use the email integration: written instructions
1. Review your Outlook Configuration for your Apto Organization
To get started with the Salesforce for Outlook integration, first access your Outlook Configurations. Click the gear icon, then Setup in the top right corner of your page.
Within Setup, search for and click on Outlook Configurations in the quick search bar.
Click on Default Outlook Config to review your default settings. You can also set up different Outlook Configurations for different users within your Apto Organization.
Within the Default Outlook Config, you’ll be able to review all of the settings. By default, you can see how this configuration manages various details between Outlook and Apto.
- Email Settings shows you which capabilities will be enabled on your Outlook.
- Sync Settings shows you the record sync and behavior of each Contact, Event, or Task record.
- Data Sets allows you to filter which records will sync between Outlook and Apto.
- Assigned Users shows you which users within your Apto Organization have this Outlook configuration enabled.
Example of Outlook Configuration Record Page:
2. Set up your Outlook Configuration for your Apto Organization
Once you have reviewed your default Outlook configuration, make any adjustments you feel are necessary. Some common modifications may include:
- Allowing Contacts to Sync in both directions between Outlook and Apto
- This is not recommended for multi-user teams, as each team member may have contacts stored slightly differently within their individual Outlook accounts and could cause duplications of many contacts within your Apto database.
- Adding additional Data Sets to Contacts to further limit which contacts will sync between Outlook and Apto.
You will need to assign the Users within your Apto organization you want to utilize this integration configuration. You can do this by clicking on ‘Edit’ and selecting the Users you would like to assign.
Your users are now ready to download and install Apto on their computer.