If you are the Apto system administrator, you have the ability to do additional functions behind the scenes that other users may not be able to do. This Getting Started for Admins guide was designed to help with the initial setup of your system.
NOTE: If you are the sole user in your Apto system, skip to step 3.
Step 1: Adding & Granting Access to New Users
Adding a new user is dependent on the number of licenses that are a part of your system, and you will need to add the user as well as grant them access to the full Apto setup. Both of these steps are included in the help article and admin video below.
- Click HERE for the step-by-step instructions on Adding a New User or watch the video below
Pro Tip: When creating a new user, you may choose to send the invite now or wait until you have finished reviewing all settings in this guide. When you are ready to invite your users, reset their password at the user screen, to send them an invite to begin using Apto.
Resetting a User Password
- Press play below to watch the Resetting a User’s Password video
Step 2: Manage Sharing Settings & Permissions
Before you invite members to join Apto, you may choose to review your system sharing settings. Apto defaults to sharing all data with all team members, creating a very collaborative environment. We recognize that this may not work for every team, so we provide sharing settings to allow you to control who has access to specific information.
We encourage you to reach out to our support team for assistance in any advanced sharing configuration, but here are a few things you can adjust to start:
- Click HERE for the step-by-step instructions on setting Organization-Wide Sharing Defaults (OWD)
- Click HERE for the step-by-step instructions on editing Sharing Rules
Step 3: System Setup & Organization
Modifying Picklists (aka Drop Down Lists): Picklists are an easy way to ensure consistency throughout your system by allowing users to select from a list of predefined values. Apto has created key picklists that we suggest you update to ensure the accuracy of data, as it relates to your business. Those picklists are: Property Market, Property Sub-Market, Needs Market, and Needs Sub-Market.
- Click HERE for the step-by-step instructions on How to Edit a Picklist or watch the video below
Creating New Fields: Even though Apto was founded by brokers, you may discover a need for a new field to track key data.
- Click HERE for the step-by-step instructions on how to Create a New Field or watch the video below
Modifying Layouts: Apto has chosen to display fields that we believe are useful to most brokers, however, we recognize that you may not use all of these fields or need to expose other fields to best support your business process. Modifying the page layout allows you to tailor what users will see when they access Apto.
- Click HERE for the step-by-step instructions on Customizing Page Layouts or watch the video below
Now that you have walked through all sections of the Getting Started for Admins guide, feel free to browse some of our other articles to learn more about Apto.